Hello everyone, in this SAPUI5 tutorial we will learn how to run SAPUI5 application on Jetty Server while testing you application in Eclipse IDE.
As we know that we can run SAPUI5 application as Web App Preview to test the application in eclipse.
Lets see the disadvantage of running as Web App Preview
Disadvantage of running on Web App Preview
- Creates a random port which breaks the link(url) when copied into a browser for every execution
To address the above issue we can use Jetty Server to run our SAPUI5 application at some constant port number.
So lets us see how we can install jetty server in eclipse and test SAPUI5 application in jetty server. Lets get started
1. Launch your Eclipse IDE. Navigate to Help → Install New Software.
2. Copy this link http://eclipse-jetty.github.io/update/ in Work with field in Available Software window and hit Enter, you should be able to see jetty plugin listed down like below. Select the check box and hit Next.
3. In Install Details window, click Next
8. In Run Configurations window identify Jetty Webapp in the left pane and right click and choose New. You should see the window like below. Enter the Project name, Webapp Folder and Context Path fields like below and click on Run.
Please stay tuned to us for more SAPUI5 tutorials.Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. You feedback will keep us alive.