SAP Datasphere on March 8, 2023 the next generation of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.
Data-driven decisions are the backbone of modern businesses. By analyzing data, companies gain valuable insights into customer behavior, market trends, and internal operations. With this information, they can make informed decisions that improve efficiency, increase profits, and create better products or services. In short, data-driven decisions help businesses stay competitive in today’s fast-paced digital landscape.
In today’s world, enterprise data is spread across different heterogeneous systems and tend to lose the value and business context of this data distribution which is the major reason stopping companies making data-driven decisions. The solution to this problem is to adopt business data fabric architecture.
What is Business Data Fabric Architecture?
SAP defines Business Data Fabric architecture as a data management architecture that focuses on delivering an integrated, semantically-rich data layer over underlying data landscapes to provide seamless and scalable access to data without duplication.
By harmonizing and providing mission-critical data across systems, the Datasphere is the foundation for a business data fabric solution that helps customers to create a business data fabric that accelerates and improves decision-making.
What is Datasphere?
It is a comprehensive data service built on the SAP Business Technology Platform(BTP). It simplifies and scales enterprise data access with a uniform data experience. It is the next generation of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud with new additional features like data integration, data cataloging and semantic modeling tools.
Get an overview of what’s new in this video
Key features of Datasphere
The features include all the powerful capabilities of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and added new capabilities. Following are the key features:
- SAP Connectivity
- Openness & Multi-cloud
- Modern Data Exchange
- Self-service Collaboration
- E2E Analytics & Planning
- Investment Re-Use & Extension using SAP BW Bridge
- Out-of-the Box Use Cases levering business content from SAP & Partners
- Cloud-based Data Replication
- Efficient Semantic Modeling using Analytical models
- Data Governance
It supports the business data fabric across three pillars:
- Access Authoritative Data – Accelerate time-to-value by automatically reusing semantical definitions and associations.
- Enrich all data projects – Harmonize heterogeneous data into a business semantic model of your diverse data landscape.
- Simplify the data landscape – Access all your data across hybrid and cloud environments no matter where it resides.
To acquire storage and compute resources for your Datasphere tenant, you must first be allotted a certain number of Capacity Units (CU). Use this pricing calculator to figure out how many capacity units you’ll need and what size storage, compute, data lake, and BW Bridge to get there. You can choose from the pre-defined configurations and fine-tune them.
You have 3 different options to experience Datasphere:
- SAP Datasphere guided experience
- SAP BTP free tier – 90days
- Subscription or consumption-based model
Integration with Industry leading data and AI platforms
In addition, one of the most exciting strengths of Datasphere is the tailored integration with industry-leading data and AI platforms as part of an open data ecosystem:
- Databricks integrates SAP data—with its complete business context—with their Data Lakehouse platform.
- Collibra future-proofs your data governance, privacy, and compliance initiatives
- Confluent sets your data in motion with real-time event and streaming data
- DataRobot empowers organizations to leverage augmented intelligence with AutoML
Learning & Trail Access
SAP provides a FREE learning journey, if you want to get started and additionally you can receive digital badge after completing the learning journey. Try hands-on tutorials instantly with the free tier of SAP BTP here for 90 days.
SAP Datasphere provides a unified experience for data integration, cataloging, semantic modeling, warehousing, federation and virtualization on SAP BTP. An open data ecosystem lets you link with each other data suppliers and external data products to better comprehend the enterprise data and make confident real-time decisions.
I have SAP Data Warehouse Cloud tenant, should I purchase Datasphere separately?
No, as of March 8, existing SAP Data Warehouse Cloud tenants have been transitioned to SAP Datasphere
How to purchase Datasphere?
It is available as either subscription or CPEA offerings
Is there a free trial available?
Yes, you try it for 90 days.