Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn how to get started with the Kyma runtime in SAP Cloud Platform.
Kyma Runtime (K8S)
Kyma( kee-ma ) is a platform to develop and deploy applications with serverless functions and microservices. It brings built-in managed service mesh and highly scalable. Its built-on industry-standards and open technology components.
Getting Started with Kyma Runtime
Kyma runtime is available for free using the trial version from SAP Cloud Platform. In this blog post we will see the how to steps to enable Kyma runtime.
Before you go further, you should have create a SCP trail account and a subaccount created already.
1. Firstly, you need to add kyma runtime entitlements to the subaccount. Navigate to the subaccount.
2. After that choose Entitlements from the left hand-side navigation and select your subaccount and click on Configure Entitlements button.
3. Choose Add Service Plans.
4. Search and select the Kyma Runtime from the entitlements list and Save.
Enabling the Kyma runtime
5. Navigate to sub-account overview section and click on Enable Kyma button.
6. Provide Cluster Name and Description and choose Create.
7. It may take some time to create the kyma cluster.
8. Once the creation of Kyma runtime is completed, you can see the link to launch the kyma console.
9. if you click on the link to launch the kyma console dashboard, you should see the below authorization issue because of insufficient permissions, lets add them now.
Provide Permissions to access Kyma runtime
10. Open your sub-account, choose Security -> Role Collections and click on + icon to create a new role collection.
11. Assign below role templates to the newly created role collection.
12. Subsequently, navigate to Trust Configuration and assign the role collection to the user.
13. Launch the kyma console dashboard. 🎉🎉
Congrats!! 👏 you have successfully started with the kyma runtime in SAP Cloud Platform. This is just an introductory blog post and we will be writing more tutorials on Kyma runtime.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates.
If you liked it ❤️, please share it! Thanks! 🙏