Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn about the User Decision step in SAP Workflow.
User Decision: This step is used to get the user’s decision at some point in the business process to proceed further. It is used in taking Approval/Accept/Reject decisions from the user.
Lets us take a simple real-time business process, If an Employee creates a Leave Request and it will reach to the manager with leave request details at this point he can approve/reject the leave request.
In this step, we will use the user decision step.
Let’s look at a sample example.
1. Go to SWDD Workflow Design Builder and click on Create.
2. Drag and drop the User Decision step in the workflow graphical model.
3. You will see the User Decision step in detail like the below screen.
Let’s look at the step in detail.
In tab “Decision” we have
- Title of the Decision step which users see while they are taking action. You can dynamic data in title from the containers using the 4 Parameters. For example “Please Approve &1 &2 &3 &4”.
- Agents, to whom this decision step have to send or whom has to take the decision.
- Decision Outcomes, “Approve – Reject – May be Later” – etc…
4. Provide the information and click on the “OK” button at the top. Now you can see the workflow design like below.
5. Save and activate the workflow. Test the workflow by clicking on the “Execute” button in the application toolbar.
6. What have we done till now, we have created a decision step with Approve and Reject options, this decision step is sent to the workflow initiator(who executed the workflow) to capture his decisions.
7. After executing the workflow you should screen like below with decision options Approve, Reject, and other option “Cancel and keep work item in Inbox” – the work item will stay in your SAP Inbox until you complete.