Dear SAPLearners, in this blog post we will learn about SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration and Delivery service which is released newly.
What is CI/CD?
CI – Continuous integration, which is an automation process to check-in the code to source code version control repository like GitHub.
CD – Continuous Delivery/Deployment, which is an automation process to deploy of the application to different systems like QA, Production etc.. as per the configuration. It starts where continue integration ends.
There are many CI/CD tools or solutions available in the market which helps to establish CI/CD pipeline. Here we will be discuss about CI/CD service available in SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry environment.
What is SCP Continuous Integration and Delivery?
SCP CI/CD service provides developers/administrators different options to configure and run pipelines for continuous integration and delivery of applications. The predefined pipelines which automatically test, build and deploy code changes.
The Continuous Integration and Delivery service is available in Trail account for developers to try and create CI/CD pipelines as per their requirements.
SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration and Delivery supports three predefined CI/CD pipelines at the time of writing this blog:
|Pipeline Name||SCP Environment|
Follow the below steps to setup SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration and Delivery.
1. Logon to SAP Cloud Platform cockpit and navigate to subaccount.
2. Add Continuous Integration & Delivery service with trial plan to the subaccount from the Entitlements section.
Enable the service
3. Choose Subscriptions from the side-menu in subaccount of the SAP Cloud Platform cockpit. Select the Continuous Integration & Delivery and Subscribe.
Assign Role Collection
4. Navigate back to the sub-account and from the side menu, choose Security > Trust Configuration.
5. Enter email address of the developer and and click on Assign Role Collection. There are two predefined role collections: CICD Service Administrator and CICD Service Developer.
The following table provides an overview of their permissions:
|Administrator||Create, Modify, View and Delete a job||Create, Modify, View and Delete a credentials||View, Trigger and Delete a build|
|Developer||View a job||View a credentials||View, Trigger a build|
Access the service
6. From SAP Cloud Platform cockpit, Choose Subscriptions from the sub-account side-menu. From the list of SaaS applications, search for Continuous Integration & Delivery and click on Go to Application.
Congrats! you have successfully learnt about SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration and Delivery service. This is just an introductory blog post and we will be writing more tutorials on SCP CI/CD, stay tuned.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates.
If you liked it ❤️, please share it! Thanks! 🙏
1. Failed to load credentials in SAP Cloud Platform Continuous Integration and Delivery?
Assign necessary role collections: CICD Service Administrator &CICD Service Developer and run again the service. You may also have to clear cache or try with incognito mode(chrome) after role assignment.