Table of contents
Dear SAPLearners, in this SAP Cloud Platform renamed to SAP Business Technology Platform, blog post we will learn how to create HANA Databases and Schemas in SAP Cloud Platform.
Before you start, make sure you have
- Created a trial account on SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Neo
1. Login into SAP Cloud Platform cockpit.
2. Choose Databases & Schemas which is under SAP HANA/SAP ASE section.
Click on the New button to create a new Database and provide all mandatory fields.
3. Once you hit Create button, the page navigates to the Events section of the database you created. The Events section will show the progress of database creation.
4. Once the database is created successfully, choose Overview and see the overview of the database like below.
5. Now HANA Database is successfully created in the SAP Cloud Platform.
6. For every database in SAP Cloud Platform, there 2 main tools available
- SAP HANA Cockpit which is administration tool and
- SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench which is development tool
Let’s access these tools
SAP HANA Cockpit
Click on the SAP HANA Cockpit link in the database overview section. Provide the login credentials.
Username: SYSTEM and
Password: password provided during database creation
Click on OK to assign the necessary HANA roles to the user “SYSTEM”
HANA roles have been successfully assigned. Click on Continue
You have successfully logged into the SAP HANA Database Administration home page.
SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench
Click on the SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench link, this will open the web-based development workbench like below.
Congrats!! you have successfully created HANA Database in the SAP Cloud Platform which was renamed to SAP Business Technology Platform.
Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. Subscribe for more updates
If you liked it ❤️, please share it! Thanks! 🙏